Hey guys! Thought I’d post a quick recipe. I came up with this one quickly one day while at work, and the end result is pretty tasty (one of my favorite salads I’ve made yet, and I make a LOT for my job haha).
Chipotle Southwest Potato Salad
- 1.5 lb waxy potatoes (I used Yukon Gold), cut into large dice (1/2″)
- 2 ears corn, stripped from the cob
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 1/2c sour cream
- 2 canned chipotle peppers
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 2 tbsNew Mexico chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350F. Toss potatoes in oil to coat them generously. Sprinkle with a couple of pinches of S+P and the chili powder. Spread out on a sheet tray and roast in the oven for ~30 mins until the outside is browned and the inside is soft.
- Prepare all your vegetables. Keep the corn separate, but feel free to mix the rest in a large bowl.
- Heat a large saute pan over high heat until blazing hot (it should smoke slightly). Add a tablespoon or two of oil (which should also smoke) and immediately add the corn stripped from the cob. Toss in a pinch of salt and pepper, and stir occasionally to frequently, allowing some browned/charred bits to develop. Once corn is cooked (bright yellow instead of pale yellow), remove from stove and add it to the vegetables.
- In a blender/vitamix, combine chipotles, sour cream, and lime juice. Puree until smooth, then add a few generous pinches of salt and pepper. It should taste a bit “salty”, but you should still be able to detect the cream, chipotle, and lime individually.
- Pull potatoes out of the oven, mix with the vegetables and the dressing. Taste, adjust for seasoning, garnish with chopped cilantro if desired, and serve warm or cold.
Easy, economical, flavorful, even vegetarian! Leftovers are great for lunches. Try it out and let me know what you think!